Tri pacer driver

Flying is my passion. Growing up my dad had a love of being up in the air. That is where my influence came from. The airplane that I have is the same one passed down from him.



Can think of no better way to clear my head than to *Take her around the field*.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Wright Model A


The Wright Military Flyer arrives at Fort Myer, Virginia aboard a wagon, attracting the attention of children and adults.

General characteristics
Crew: Two
Length: 30 ft 8 in (9.32 m)
Wingspan: 36 ft 5 in (11.09 m)
Height: 8 feet (2.43 m)
Empty weight: 740 lb (336 kg)
Loaded weight: 1,263 lb (573 kg)
Powerplant: 1× Wright Model 4, 35 hp (26 kW)
Performance
Maximum speed: 42 mph (67.6 km/h)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Model_A

It may look primitive today, but it was cutting edge technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment