Tri pacer driver

Flying is my passion. Growing up my dad had a love of being up in the air. That is where my influence came from. The airplane that I have is the same one passed down from him.



Can think of no better way to clear my head than to *Take her around the field*.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

B17 Flying Fortress Bomber still flys




The B-17 Flying Fortress, nicknamed Aluminum Overcast, made a landing Tuesday at French Valley Airport, just north of Murrieta. The plane was restored in 1983 by the Experimental Aircraft Association, which now tours the country with the aircraft offering rides.
The B17 Flying Fortress is the instrument that changed the tide of war over Europe. It is a shame that more of them were not preserved after the war. This one sold for$750 as surplus equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment